Five Feet Zero

self indulgent and short.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Back on the island

I'm back in London - if only for a week. But it feels weird - everything is so familiar, it's like I never left: the suit on the tube with his posh suburban accent, the Polish lady in her tacky white jumpsuit and gold jewellery, the Filipinos at Earl's Court, the sorry excuse for a summer. I miss this - I miss the diversity, the people spilling on to the streets drinking themselves silly on a summery Saturday, the touristy red buses, the sense of humour and even the shitty food.

Anyway, before I get all teary-eyed, I've found more humourous additions to the 'Overheard in..' series:
www.overheardintheoffice.com
www.overheardatthebeach.com

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a sexy holiday fling. Will keep you posted. I'm headed off to New York from here on Saturday, which I'm really looking forward to. Although if I end up meeting the ex-boyfriend's chinese-chickie trio, I might shoot someone.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    he hee... wish you luck dear friend... especially for a Holiday fling ! For all you know this person might just tell you he loves your feet and you might not then think they are the worst ones in the world ;-)

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pick up a box of harrod's chocolates for me. If you please?

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    "I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a sexy holiday fling."

    Your mom still read this?

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when are you back?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home