Five Feet Zero

self indulgent and short.

Monday, September 11, 2006

I've hopped across the pond


A wannabe New Yorker: New York is very different from London. The vibe is much younger, and despite it being the most liberal and diverse city in the US, it's still very wholesome and all-American. I've only been in the city for a couple of days now, but right of the bat, I seem to prefer London's slight staid-ness. That said, if I move from home again, it would definitely be to live here. There seems to be something so glamourous about living in Manhattan, amongst almost-mythical buildings, events and people. Go on, make fun of me for being so easily impressed.

London Recap: London was very interesting, to say the least. What with banks attempting to steal my money, accusations of being a 'twenty-first century woman' who doesn't care enough about the emotions of the men and makes them feel like cheap sluts (a role-reversal, finally), and my very first black-robed graduation ceremony (yayy!). Unfortunately, the holiday fling did not materialise although I did go to a roller-disco. I danced on roller skates for several hours, repeatedly collapsed into a heap and now bear proud bruises on my knees to show that I survived.

PS I could apologise for posting so belatedly and for this slightly shitty update, but you and I both know it would be insincere.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sincere or otherwise, when apologies are given I accept them... so long a you promise not to repeat the mistake ;-)

    Roller Disco ! Sounds like loads of fun... wonder if I would remember how to skate after this gap of about 10 years?

    Ps- Compare NY and Mumbai. Would be fun to see your take on that.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    Sorry I left right when you got to the roller disco... I missed my train anyway!

    Have a good time in New York...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home