Five Feet Zero

self indulgent and short.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Oh look! Another update..and this only after two weeks!

Hello hello. It's nice to see you again too. Bet you're surprised - thought this blog had died, huh? Decided I'm no quitter so I'm back, and of course, I felt the incredible urge to write.
First things first - I quit my job! Finally found the courage to do the what was long overdue. Once I sever all ties with the current place of employment, I will tell all. But until then, I must maintain professionalism and discretion. But I think I deserve a pat on the back for my unwavering courage while telling her I was leaving.
Other good thing of the week: hung out with M, after more than two months of his self-imposed exile from me. While it was really good (we didn't talk about the obvious issue), I don't want to get too excited because it's probable that he'll go back into hibernation. Still, hanging out with him imbued me with me much sadness. Not even quite sure why - maybe it was knowing that things will never be the same again, maybe it was that I couldn't reach over and give him a hug when we'd had 'a moment', maybe it was not being able to tell him any of the things that were on my mind, because I was constantly worried about him just upping and leaving.
All of this weekend I've been craving another city - London or New York, maybe even LA. The weather here has suddenly stopped suiting me, and the pollution is slowly killing me. I can't handle the emptiness, the regressiveness, the I-exist-only-as-my-boyfriend's-trophy attitude, the lack of individuality, the work ethic where sucking-up and seniority matters more than intelligence. And oh, how I miss having my own space - being able to tumble out of bed, into the bathroom, getting dressed and eating breakfast without having to talk to a soul.
Sigh, can't quite understand the sudden melancholy that seems to have settled over me. I suppose if it continues, you'll be hearing a lot more from me.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A. am hoping that if melancholy is the driver behind blogging, this blog will suffer a long hiatus

    B. NY is better than London, its the smarter choice no?

    Seeya omission

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    London is far far better.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Change the place and change the man - Change is mostly good! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home